JOB TITLE: IPA/Navigator ( Bilingual-Vietnamese or Laotian)
REPORTS TO: Director of Health Insurance Programs
The IPA/Navigator is a position within the IPA/Navigator program of M&BPN. The position entails working with individuals and small business seeking to enroll in any of the NYS public health insurance programs or in any of the Qualified Health Plans through the NYS Health Benefit Exchange. All aspects of the Navigator program are carried out through a team approach under the direction of the Director of Health Insurance Programs, and through its correlation to other M&BPN programs, staff hired through the various programs will also learn about and promote all Network services.
As health reform moves ahead and states prepare to get health insurance exchanges up and running, this position will facilitate enrolling area residents in affordable health care.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Initial: Complete required trainings as an IPA/Navigator for the NYS Health Benefit Exchange to attain NYS Certification; On-going: maintain up-to-date knowledge of all program changes and enhancements, attend trainings, webinars, etc., as required to maintain competence in the areas of current regulations and guidelines, eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications.
- Develop expertise in eligibility, enrollment and program specifications and become familiar with state of the art online tools designed to assist consumers with shopping for and buying coverage through the NYS Health Benefit Exchange.
- Assist consumers (individuals and small businesses) with preparation of electronic and paper applications to establish eligibility, plan selection, and enrolling in coverage through the NYS Health Benefit Exchange; process will also require client education and advisement on the various insurance affordability options including premium tax credits, Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and small business tax credits.
- Ensure timely and quality facilitation of application assistance.
- Conduct necessary follow up work with clients to ensure application completion or to address with minor enrollment or coverage concerns or issues
- Maintain confidentiality standards as required by HIPAA and NYS Dept of Health.
- Conduct phone pre-screening of individuals and small businesses prior to application appointment.
- Assist with internal program support including filing, copying and mail preparation and other duties as required for success of the program.
- Refer consumers as appropriate to Senior IPA/Navigators for consumer assistance when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of all M&BPN programs as well as general community services for individuals in order to inform and refer consumers as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A demonstrated ability to work productively and efficiently.
- Organizational skills that result in consistent, high quality performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computer, laptop, IPads, etc., standard programs such as Microsoft and use of various search engines, web-based programs, and services.
- Interest in health, rural communities and/or social justice issues.
- Awareness of and dedication to the importance of good customer service experiences. Pleasant telephone demeanor/technique.
- Must have the ability to provide information/assistance in a fair, accurate and impartial manner, that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of all clients, including individuals with limited English proficiency and those with disabilities.
- Able to travel throughout 4 county area with use of personal vehicle
Required Academic and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in education, health, human services or a related field preferred, or Associate Degree with at least 2+ years related experience.
- Previous experience in the insurance field.
- 1-5 years related work experience; preferably at least 1 year experience in a health or human service program.
- Valid driver's license and availability of reliable transportation
- Ability to maintain a flexible working schedule that includes evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel within a 4 county area.
THE POSITION OF IPA/NAVIGATOR IS CLASSIFIED AS A NON-EXEMPT POSITION AND IS THEREFORE NOT EXCLUDED FROM THE PROVISIONS OF THE FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT.
Americorp National Service Opportunities
Make an impact in your community. Be part of a team. Gain valuable experience. Spend a year serving with Americorp!
Benefits - Full-time Positions (1700hrs / 12 months) include:
- Health Insurance Benefits
- $12,100 living allowance stipend
- a Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards from $5645
- a college loan forbearance
5 Full Time Americorps Position Available within Health Insurance Program
Health Access Specialist's will work closely with staff in our
Health Insurance Program as the boots on the ground throughout a 5
county region of south central New York State (Broome, Chemung,
Delaware, Otsego and Tioga). They will plan an integral role in
building individual and community capacity in urban and rural
communities linking people to needed health insurance/access
knowledge through a wide range of activities such as outreach,
community and school based education and informal counseling.
They will provide accurate and up to date information about how to
access coverage through the New York State marketplace and direct
consumers to the in-person assistors (Navigators) who can provide
health insurance enrollment assistance. Successful candidate will
received training and will be assigned to various position
functions based on personal expertise and interest areas and/or
Learn about current position openings and apply online at: http://www.ruralhealthnetwork.org/americorps or call Rural Health Network at (607) 692-7669
None at this time.
Feel free to drop off or send a resume to:
Mothers and Babies Perinatal Network
457 State Street
Binghamton NY, 13901
You may also email your resume here
Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network is a equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.