Assistant Bookkeeper - Part-Time 20 hrs/week
This individual will work with the Executive Director and the bookkeeper to maintain fiscal records. Responsibilities include to become familiar with and help manage accounting programs of the agency, prepare payments, verify payments, reconcile agency bank accounts on a monthly basis, become familiar with contract and vouchering processes for all agency services/programs, separate record-keeping for all contracts/programs, prepare contract/program specific expense reports, vouchers and maintain accurate and organized filing system for all (and each) contract/program.
Youth Educator - CAPP Project
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Services
Under the direction of the Youth Services Director, the Youth Educator will implement workplan activities for a variety of programs as designated by their supervisor. All aspects of Youth Services programming will be carried out through a team approach with a Director to oversee the department, and educators to facilitate programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete in-house training / familiarize yourself with all curricula used in youth services. This includes programming for middle and high school students and parent groups. Facilitate these programs as necessary in classroom settings, after-school groups, or through community agencies.
- Provide medically accurate information pertaining to STD / HIV transmission, pregnancy, and birth control options, including condom use and demonstration. Able to be stationed at sites to work with youth in small groups, possibly one-on-one for mentoring and referral. Be familiar with local resources to refer youth to.
- Work with the DYS to advise and assist school districts and health and human service agencies to ensure timely and quality facilitation of requested programs.
- Provide outreach and education on the benefits of pregnancy prevention programs for Broome and Tioga Counties. Serve as staff and agency liaison to designated community coalitions.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special projects for youth services and assist with other M&BPN projects as necessary.
Areas of Expertise:
- Experience and ability to work with members of the community (both professional and consumer).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Specialization in adolescent health and/or community health education, sexuality education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher).
- Advanced Degree in Education, Health or Human Services or related field.
- 1-5 years work experience; preferably at least 1 year conducting an education program.
- Valid driver's license and availability of personal vehicle.
Feel free to drop off or send a resume to:
Mothers and Babies Perinatal Network
457 State Street
Binghamton NY, 13901
You may also email your resume here
Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network is a equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.