Youth Educator - CAPP Project
REPORTS TO: Director of Youth Services
Under the direction of the Youth Services Director, the Youth Educator will implement workplan activities for a variety of programs as designated by their supervisor. All aspects of Youth Services programming will be carried out through a team approach with a Director to oversee the department, and educators to facilitate programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete in-house training / familiarize yourself with all curricula used in youth services. This includes programming for middle and high school students and parent groups. Facilitate these programs as necessary in classroom settings, after-school groups, or through community agencies.
- Provide medically accurate information pertaining to STD / HIV transmission, pregnancy, and birth control options, including condom use and demonstration. Able to be stationed at sites to work with youth in small groups, possibly one-on-one for mentoring and referral. Be familiar with local resources to refer youth to.
- Work with the DYS to advise and assist school districts and health and human service agencies to ensure timely and quality facilitation of requested programs.
- Provide outreach and education on the benefits of pregnancy prevention programs for Broome and Tioga Counties. Serve as staff and agency liaison to designated community coalitions.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special projects for youth services and assist with other M&BPN projects as necessary.
Areas of Expertise:
- Experience and ability to work with members of the community (both professional and consumer).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Specialization in adolescent health and/or community health education, sexuality education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher).
- Advanced Degree in Education, Health or Human Services or related field.
- 1-5 years work experience; preferably at least 1 year conducting an education program.
- Valid driver's license and availability of personal vehicle.
Feel free to drop off or send a resume to:
Mothers and Babies Perinatal Network
457 State Street
Binghamton NY, 13901
You may also email your resume here
Mothers & Babies Perinatal Network is a equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.